Thursday, October 7, 2010

Inowanna Iguanas and New HATS



I've been bad

So I lied. Time got away from me and I haven't had the passion the time, I would have liked to post here. Been struggling with the iguanas (iguana = anything you don’t feel like doing). Inowanna! (thank you Havi). Wasn't feeling very inspired to write or do much of anything for about a week there. So, bad me, bad creator and blogger! I failed immediately following stating my goal to my blog reading public. Hum, does that sound familiar? *long pause* Well at least I got that out of the way. I, however, am not going to stop. Because, I'm like that. I have finally pet the iguana and I feel much better now. And inspired again.



What's really inspiring?

Well, let me tell you. I sold 3 hats in two days this week! For a creator on the edge of loosing hope after only having one sale since mid-August, (and that one in August being the only one at all) I was beginning to get a teeny tiny bit discouraged. But yay Halloween! And Costumes! And fabulous mini hats! Time to make more!



New Hats

I have created some fabulous new Mini Witch Hats. The two seen in this entry have been posted to Esty and I have two more in the works. Tonight I'm working on a Frankenstein Green and Black one, with a veil/train thing - oh! and rhinestones - that will be fabulous. So much fun it's going to be hard to part with these little guys.

I've also found some new materials and have plans in the works for a black and white vinyl mini top hat as well as a blood red and black mini top covered in "Monster Melt"... I'll keep you posted on my progress. Since I'm using new techniques on almost every hat much of these creations are trial and error, which are then followed by fantastic mistakes - meaning mistakes that turned out fabulous!



Learning Stuff - Lots

In other news, I have started my classes in how to make straw hats and it's very interesting. Next step is to take the plunge and buy some vintage hat blocks off of Ebay. This is very exciting! I'm looking forward to finishing my classes and starting some adult sized hats. But where will I ever find the room for the blocks? May need to move up to a larger storage shed.
In addition to this I've been researching a ton of new hat accessorizing methods and implementing them in my new designs. The coolness is getting cooler. And more fun for me to try out new stuff. Fun is good. It keeps me motivated and moving and happy.

So here's to happy and another blog posted... if only a week late.

No comments:

Post a Comment